How to disable the ViewCube in AutoCAD
If you are working mainly in 2D and the ViewCube is getting in your way, you can turn it off by entering NAVVCUBE at the command line and setting it to OFF. This is a per-viewport, per-drawing setting so if you want to disable this feature for future drawings, be sure to change it in your template drawing(s).
If you just want to adjust the ViewCube settings, choose the S option when you run the NAVVCUBE command. Also, the following system variables are related to the ViewCube
- NAVVCUBEDISPLAY - Allows you to control when the ViewCube is displayed.
- NAVVCUBELOCATION - Controls location of ViewCube.
- NAVVCUBEOPACITY - Controls the opacity of the ViewCube tool when it is inactive.
- NAVVCUBEORIENT - Controls whether the ViewCube reflects WCS or the current UCS.
- NAVVCUBESIZE - Controls the size of the ViewCube.