Civil 3D Parcel Sorting
There is a bug in Civil 3D 2013 that occurs when you try to sort the parcels in the Prospector. Normally, you can click on a column header and sort the table by that column, but if you do this with Parcels, the entire list goes away. Closing and restarting Civil 3D does not help, and neither does rebooting the entire machine. Here is a before and after screen shot. Notice the little sort arrow in the Name header does not appear in the Before shot, but it does appear after clicking on the Name header in the After shot.
When this first happened, I searched around and found some discussion forum posts and a blog post regarding the same problem, but I wasn't about to run a repair or reinstall unless it became absolutely necessary. I figured there had to be a simple fix. I did a little digging around and found out how to cure this bug. After you get it fixed, DO NOT CLICK on the sorting column headers again! Ok, follow these steps.
- Close Civil 3D, if it is open.
Navigate your way to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.0\ACAD-Bxxx:xxx\Profiles\<
- Then look in the right pane for a AeccMgrParcel:List:AeccMgrPltProspector:Prospector
- Click on it, press F2 to enter rename mode, give it a new name (it doesn't matter what you name it, just change it!)
- Close REGEDIT
- Start Civil 3D, and try again.
- If all goes well, Civil 3D will recreate the key we renamed with the correct values when it starts up and your parcels will be listed once more.
- Do not try to sort again!
It has come to my attention that simply running REGEDIT on Win7x64 machines may not do the trick. See this document for more information if you cannot locate the registry key specified above.