AU2011 Day 1 - General Session
For most people, Tuesday was the starting day although there are several events on the days preceding Tuesday. As a disclaimer, I was invited by Autodesk as a media/blogger and Autodesk covered my registration and hotel costs. Special thanks to Angela Simoes, Senior Manager, Public Relations, Autodesk, for offering me this privilege.
One of the first signs in the hall that you are at AU.
Day 0 (Monday) started out with lunch, followed by afternoon media sessions where one of the key announcements was regarding upcoming new features to AutoCAD WS. It will soon work with 3D drawings, include GPS capabilities, and new new Plot-to-Print capabilities.
Day 1 (Tuesday) started bright and early with breakfast, followed immediately by the Keynote General Session presented by the following individuals (hover over the image below for identification).
- Carl Bass, President and Chief Executive Officer, Autodesk (Twitter: @carlbass)
- Jeff Kowalski, Chief Technology Officer, Autodesk
- Chris Anderson, Editor in Chief, WIRED (Twitter: @chr1sa)
- Mark Hatch, Chief Executive Officer, TechShop (Twitter: @markhatch)
- Jeffery McGrew, Founder, Because We Can
- EJ Sabathia, Moon Express (Twitter: @moon_ex)
AU2011 General Session speakers (Photos courtesy Autodesk)
More AU2011 info coming soon.