Civil 3D Quick Profile
A Quick overview of Quick Profile in Civil 3D
Below is a simple animation of creating a quick profile in Civil 3D. No, this is not a new feature, but there are new Civil 3D users every day - and if you have never seen or used this feature - this may help you out.
- Start by drawing a line or polyline at the location you want to profile.
- Select the new object, right click and choose Quick Profile
- A dialog will appear, where you can select one or more surfaces to profile, the profile style for each surface, and the profile grid style.
- Pick the LL point for the profile grid.
- At this point you can move and perform some edits to the original line or polyline - this will update the profile as shown.
- Note that at the end of the animation, when the line is erased - the profile is erased also. Quick profiles are temporary!
Leave a comment and let me know what you do with Quick Profile